Ambient air monitoring is the systematic, long-term assessment of pollutant levels by measuring the quantity and types of certain pollutants in the surrounding, outdoor air.
Ambient air monitoring is an integral part of an effective air quality management system. Reasons to collect such data include to:
- assess the extent of pollution;
- provide air pollution data to the general public in a timely manner;
- support implementation of air quality goals or standards;
- evaluate the effectiveness of emissions control strategies;
- provide information on air quality trends;
- provide data for the evaluation of air quality models; and
- support research (e.g., long-term studies of the health effects of air pollution).
uMoya-NILU’s service offering in Ambient Monitoring includes the design, optimisation and management of Ambient Air Quality monitoring networks, as well as Data Management and Quality Control / Quality Assurance.
uMoya-NILU offers monitoring services that include real time gas and particulate analysers, dust fall out buckets and passive samplers for campaign or long term monitoring purposes. Sampling can be performed for a range of organic and inorganic pollutants.